Initially I had a lot of issues getting this jailbreak to work, but after I found some more info, it now works.
At first I was getting the issue:
Unable to find gBdevList
Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
but after following these directions, it works:
- Make sure you’re using Greenpois0n RC5_2 (RC5.2 works too)
- Make sure device is connected to your Mac
- Open Terminal
- Type “cd Desktop” without quotes and hit enter
- Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start
- Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak
if you need a place to download greenpois0n you can go here:
I just cracked my ipad 3.2.2 with limera1n
Here are a few tips on what to do once your ipad/iphone/itouch is jailbroken
- download cydia
- download openssh
- download preference loader
- download activator
- goto manage > settings > add repository > cydia.hackulo.us
- download installo.us
i dont recommend downloading winterboard just yet, as it is not ready for ipad yet.
invalid IPA error
if your getting this error, it means that most likely you either have to update appSync or you havent allowed the files to fully download. installo.us is an iOS app and thus does not have multithreading capabilities like the appStore. this means that you have to keep installo.us open when downloading and you cant close it like you do the appStore.
How to Setup Hotmail ActiveSync on iPad device
Microsoft has provided steps for enabling Hotmail ActiveSync on iPad devices.
1. ON the Home Screen, tap Settings >“Mail, Contacts, Calendar” > “Add Account” > “Microsoft Exchange”
2. Enter the following in fields:
Email: your full Hotmail email address
Domain: Leave blank
Username: your full Hotmail email address
Password: your password
Certificate: Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks: All can be enabled.
3. After finishing the configure, select the data to sync and tap on Save button.
iPad will connect to Hotmail ActiveSync and perform an initial sync for the selected data. You are able to push email, calendar, and contacts with Exchange ActiveSync now.